Release Notes June 21, 2021 New features, enhancements, and an improved user experience
This release is packed with new features! Additions range from support for MapInfo Trade Area files to Driving Distance in POI to Export as Thematic Map in Targeting. These features work in tandem with several enhancements, making Polaris both smoother and more powerful.
- Consolidated Uploading. The Upload panel in the Mapping Centre has been reformatted to match the Uploading Tab in each module. There are now separate tabs for Trade Area, Customer File, POI and Thematic Maps. Additionally, users can import SHP, MapInfo, and KML files, with the geographic levels of FSA, DA, and CT in the Trade Area tab.
- Compatibility with and Support for MapInfo files. Users can now import MapInfo files as Trade Areas using the Upload Files module, the Upload Trade Area File tab (in Trade Area Analysis), and the Upload panel in the Mapping Centre.
- Driving Distance in POI Analysis. In the POI panel in the Mapping Centre, users can now generate reports to get driving distance to the centre of their chosen area of interest. This offers an additional metric of measurement, for instance when highway routes may result in shorter travel times but longer distances, whereas routes in high-density regions may result in shorter distances but longer driving times.
- Define AOIs by postal codes. In the POI panel in the Mapping Centre, users can now load a list of postal codes to create a point-based area of interest. This addition allows users to analyze Postal Code type trade areas in POI Analysis, improving inter-module functionality between Trade Area Analysis and POI Analysis.
- Export as Thematic Map in Targeting. In the Targeting Module, users can now export and save Targeting results at the FSA, DA, and CT Target Geography levels as Thematic Maps.
- View saved Thematic Maps. Users can now save Thematic Maps from the Targeting module and view their saved maps in the Thematic Maps module. Clicking the header of the Thematic Maps table leads to a detailed view. Actions available in the detailed view table include viewing, renaming, and deleting maps.
- Show and hide pins based on their Pin Category in POI panel. Users can now show and hide un-clustered pins by their Pin Category in the POI panel of the Mapping Centre.
- Rename Grouped and Transformed variables. In the Targeting Module, users can now right click a Grouped or Transformed variable to rename it.
- Up and down arrows in the Trade Area panel. Users can now move trade areas up and down in the Combine tab of the Trade Area panel in the Mapping Centre.
- Labels on Thematic Maps. In the Thematic Map panel in the Mapping Centre, selected labels will be displayed over map regions upon hovering the mouse over the appropriate area.
- Customer DA files in Feature Selection. The Feature Selection module now allows users to set DA Customer Files as the Benchmark and Input.