Release Notes August 10, 2021 New features, enhancements, and an improved user experience
This month’s release brings new features and sitewide enhancements. Users can now use Layered Maps to save multiple map types at once, create markets using DA and Shape files, and customize pin size for POIs. Additionally, optimized search functions and new uploading features like progress bars make Polaris more efficient and easier to use!
- Layered Maps. Users can now save multiple map layers including Thematic Maps, Heat Maps, Trade Areas, and POIs in one Layered Map in the Map Layers panel in the Mapping Centre. The saved maps can be viewed, shared, renamed, and deleted in the new Layered Maps page (accessible via dropdown under Mapping Centre).
- Rename files when uploading. Users can now rename duplicate files when uploading instead of overwriting. This will retain the previously uploaded file with the same name and also upload the new file with the renamed name.
- Save POI Maps. Users can now save POI Maps in the POI panel in the Mapping Centre. This allows for custom pin arrangements to be saved. The saved maps can be viewed, renamed, and deleted in the POI Maps table in POI Analysis.
- Change custom pin size in POI. Custom pin images can now be resized to suit users’ individual needs. This can be done by right clicking the uploaded image and changing the image size in the pop-up window.
- DA and Shape file markets. Users can now upload Dissemination Area and Shape files as multiple zone markets in the Targeting module. To do so when creating a new multiple zone market, click on the button labelled Upload Zone File and select Dissemination Area (DA) or Custom Shape from the Zone Types dropdown.
- Faster search functions. Search functions have been optimized sitewide for faster and smoother searches.
- Select multiple checkboxes. Users can now press “shift” on their keyboards and click to select multiple checkboxes. To do so, click on the starting checkbox, press and hold shift, and click on the ending checkbox. All checkboxes in between will be selected.
- Progress bar for uploads. A progress bar has been added so that users can view real-time upload progress.
- Resize tables. Users can now click and drag the bottom border in order to resize tables in various Mapping Centre panels, e.g. in POI Mapping, Heat Maps, Trade Areas, etc.
- Share Thematic Maps. Users can now share Thematic Maps from the View Thematic Maps page with members of their organization or group (accessible via dropdown under Mapping Centre).